Thanks for visiting my blog site. On these pages, you will find information regarding the courses I teach, tutoring sessions I offer, and other tidbits to do with a great love of mine: English Literature.
I chose to use a blog site rather than a web site to make this process more interactive for the both of us. I hope you find what you need here, and think about leaving a comment or two after perusing the various pages.
- I have been teaching since 2006, and tutoring for just about as long. I teach at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in North Vancouver. It is an Independent Catholic school with a special atmosphere and spirited vibe. I love teaching there, mainly because of the students.
- Courses I have taught include: English 9, English 10, English 11, Honours English 11, Writing 12, Communications 11, Communications 12, Information Technology 8, and Religion 8.
- Extra-curricular activities I have been a part of include: Gymnastics, Volleyball, School Musicals and Plays, Thinkfast, Agape Candy Drive, and School Retreats.
- I have completed all three of my degrees at UBC: 1) Bachelor of Arts, Majoring in English Literature 2) Bachelor of Education, Majoring in English and Minoring in ESL 3) Masters of Education in Educational Administration and Leadership
- Before completing my official teaching degree, I taught ESL for 3 years to children aged 3-12.
- I have been credentialled by the Ministry of BC to mark provinicial exams and have been marking these since 2011.
Ever since I can remember, if anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my response was “a teacher!” — I enjoy it immensely and hope that my students develop a greater understanding of themselves and their worlds, as well as become life-long lovers of language and literature through the work that I do.