Thanks for visiting my blog site. On these pages, you will find information regarding the courses I teach, tutoring sessions I offer, and other tidbits to do with a great love of mine: English Literature.
I chose to use a blog site rather than a web site to make this process more interactive for the both of us. I hope you find what you need here, and think about leaving a comment or two after perusing the various pages.
- I have been teaching since 2006, and tutoring for just about as long. I currently teach at St. Patrick’s High School in Vancouver. It is an Independent Catholic school with a special atmosphere and spirited vibe. I love teaching there, mainly because of the students.
- Courses I have taught include: English 9, English 10, English 11, Composition 11, Honours English 11, Creative Writing 11, Creative Writing 12, Communications 11, Communications 12, Information Technology 8, Christian Education 8, and Christian Education 11.
- Extra-curricular activities I have been a part of include: Gymnastics, Volleyball, School Musicals and Plays, Thinkfast, Agape Candy Drive, School Retreats, and most recently Poetry Club.
- I have completed all three of my degrees at UBC: 1) Bachelor of Arts, Majoring in English Literature 2) Bachelor of Education, Majoring in English and Minoring in ESL 3) Masters of Education in Educational Administration and Leadership
- Before completing my official teaching degree, I taught ESL for 3 years to children aged 3-12.
- I have been credentialed by the Ministry of BC to mark provinicial exams as well as the new Literacy Assessment have been marking these since 2011.
Ever since I can remember, if anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my response was “a teacher!” — I enjoy it immensely and hope that my students develop a greater understanding of themselves and their worlds, as well as become life-long lovers of language and literature through the work that I do.